Build quality: 9/10
Image quality: 7/10
- Very slim and light body.
- 4x stabilised zoom with 26mm wide coverage.
- Foolproof Auto with scene detection.
- 720p HD video with zooming while filming.
- Optics become soft in corners at wide-angle.
- Image quality deteriorates at 200 ISO.
- Screen hard to see at high or low angles.
- Proprietary connectivity and no HDMI output.
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W350 (Black)
Simple to operate; reliable auto shooting; 26mm-equivalent wide-angle lens; decent high ISO results.
Generally soft and somewhat noisy photos at full size.
The bottom line:
A sweet little wide-angle compact, the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W350 should make a lot of snapshooters happy.
This is an extremely small and lightweight, mid range pocket camera with a few extra features over more basic models. It has a wide angle lens, High Definition movies and a sweep panorama mode. In terms of picture quality I found it to be solid rather than spectacular.
- Extremely compact 4x zoom26-105mm equivalent lens is wide with decent telephoto reachOptical image stabilizationLow geometric distortion at wide and teleVery simple control layoutSolid 2.7-inch LCD screenCaptures 720p HD videoComponent HD output (though see Con regarding proprietary cable)Optical zoom available while shooting videoiAuto analyzes each scene to pick the correct settingsSweep Panorama modeAdjustable Dynamic Range OptimizerFace, Smile Shutter and Blink detectionFast autofocus in good lightAlmost no prefocused shutter lagDual media supportGood printed results