I have had iPhone since they were released and S10E is my first Android handset. My judgment is seen in the light of that. I have had my Samsung for quite exactly 6 months.
+ Small, smooth and lightweight.
+ Really nice to be able to make the home screen their own. iOS feels so senselessly outdated in that aspect.
+ Very easy login to public networks. Apple has a lot to learn here.
+ Incredibly smooth and smart to be able to charge other gadgets with the phone! When traveling, you only take the cable to charge the phone. Clock and headphones are charged via the phone! Absolutely incredibly smooth!
- the connection to the car (via blue tooth) is extremely uneven. Sometimes it connects and resumes playback. Sometimes not. Galaxy Watch is super corked and I force the music from the clock it does not realize that the music should be played through the car. Apple's solution is infinitely more stable and smarter.
- The connection to headphones via bluetooth is completely lousy! Every now and then it loses contact and the only solution is a fairly advanced procedure of "forcing stop" and "resetting cache" and then restarting. Usually works but pretty soon the error is back. The error is so alarmingly serious that a complaint is called for! A dealbreaker for me!
- No option to select playlists via the car's interface (neither with Apple Music or Spotify). Badly.
- OneUI is polished and pleasant to use. But it is a lot of bugs (non-critical) that destroy the overall impression.
- Samsung and Google have the same apps, which creates confusion for the uninitiated. It feels fragmented and incoherent.
- The fingerprint reader has received a lot of praise and when it works it is incredibly fast (as fast as Apple's solution). But it is hard to hit and many times I have to try several times before it hits.
- Controlling the notes is a nightmare and it is hardly intuitive to understand the controls.
- Battery life is disappointing. Today, the battery was at 100% at 0515 and at 1500 at just 20%. The use has been moderate (about 2 hours of music via bluetooth and otherwise little use). The biggest problem with battery life is that it varies so much. Some days it can be quite ok, others like today. Worthless. Lowers the grade to a second because of this.
- Sharp edge between the glass and the frame around the side that feels B and far from Apple's polished chassis.
- Bixby is laughable and incredibly frustrating not being able to re-map the Google Assistant side button.