This camera is revolutionary good. Sony has really moved the limit of what an entry level camera can do. With a price tag that guaranteed shaking Nikon's and Canon's marketing departments, a professional camera has been released in the budget package. Do not be fooled by the previous review with cracking grips - it's really not a general fault with the building quality (crack it, leave it back and get a new one - my cracker nowhere).
You can make the plus list any time, but what really stands out after a couple of weeks of use is:
+ Auto Focus / Eye Focus. Meet right alarmingly often. Both still image and video.
+ Quiet mode. Can shoot completely silently, really quietly. Can be used for anything but very fast moving subjects (rolling shutter).
+ Settings. Dozens of buttons that can be programmed to do just about anything. Good, for the menu is hugely extensive.
+ Dynamic range! Exposure ridiculous "wrong" and control everything in Lightroom.
+ Low noise levels at high ISO. Can shoot in close enough dark without flash.
+ 10 frames / second. In RAW. Buffs a lot
+ Duplicate memory card slots, backup - yes please!
+ Battery - shoot all day and keep spare when you get home.
+ Easy and smooth, yet comfortable to hold. Really good ergonomics.
+ Built-in charger, charge with USB cable. Some do not like, but I do.
+ The image quality right from the camera is unmatched.
+ View photos in the viewfinder - the top when the sun is shameless against the external screen (which is otherwise excellent).
+ This list can be very long ...
Are there any small things to rely on - as always:
- The cover that covers the USB connector drops down under the body, which means that the camera can not be put on the table when it is charging without worrying a lot about it. Idiot Design.
- expensive lens Sony's lens is incredibly good, but costs one kidney or two.
- No time-lapse, requires external tools. Perhaps fixes in firmware update, but sad now.
- The screen only angles up / down, can not be rotated in "selfie mode".
- The app does not feel completely finished. Will be better over time.