* Updated February 29, 2020 *
I still use my bag. It is softer now and the color is greyish. I have hand washed it a few times with good results, but it is not really black. On the other hand, I've had it on the beach, in the sunshine and stuffed it full. Has got a small tear but it does not appear to be bigger.
* Updated February 8, 2014 *
Have a black and love it! The backpack is a perfect bag for school, work, a short trip or a shopping trip in town (stop in all the bags in your back!).
- Stylish and timeless!
- A seat pad comes along, very smart. For example, if you have fragile paper, you can store them next to the mat or remove it.
- Good material. Mine is new and stiff, but it gets softer over time.
- Carrying handle. Perfect when traveling by public transport.
- Hopefully it lasts a long time.
- Easy to see what's in the back thanks to the zippers going around the whole bag.
- It is lightweight which makes it a perfect bag to pack when traveling. I often travel with only hand luggage. Kånken is too small for me, I choose a larger backpack instead, but since Kånken weighs so small it can easily be packed down and used as a day backpack.
- The outer compartment is a bit small, but swallows a lot of stuff = messy and hard to find what you are looking for.
- A few more compartments had not been damaged on this model.
- The side compartments are handy, but they would have liked to have been a little bigger so you can easily drop down a water bottle. They are also a little too deep for small gadgets, difficult to fish them up as the pockets are narrow.
- If you are going to carry around on a crowded Kånken, the straps will probably cut into your shoulders and be uncomfortable. See the tip from "punk4arn" for a fix, otherwise you can buy for "shoulder pads", costs about SEK 250. However, I can carry quite a lot of things (not books) without being unpleasant, on the contrary.
- Expensive purchases. If you expect it to last for a long time, it is cheap, if you cut bags quickly it becomes expensive.
Tip: If you need extra protection for your laptop, check out the Kånken laptop (available for 13-, 15- and 17-inch screens). For the child, the Kånken mini is good, for those who want a larger backpack, the Kånken Maxi is an alternative. More fun Kånken accessories: "Chest strap", a chest strap with whistle, "Photo Insert", a insert with room for camera, lens etc.