About the site and company
- Contact us / Support
- Our independence
- About PriceSpy.co.nz
- Rules & guidelines
- Expert reviews listed on PriceSpy
- The PriceSpy Hall of Fame
For brand managers
- Get listed on PriceSpy
- Become a featured store!
- What is a price file?
- Think about this before contacting us / Technical info
What to do at PriceSpy?
By using PriceSpy, you agree to the following rules:
Please be aware that all postings will become public and your text will be available to anyone with an internet connection!
The basic ground rules are very simple: be polite, do not be offensive or malicious, do not break the law, and don't post any message that even hints at advertising, which includes text messages, images, referral links and more.
- Please click here to read our Disclaimer.
- Members are permitted a maximum of one account per person. If you choose to ignore this restriction, all your accounts will be disabled. If you require a temporary user name for any reason, please contact us. If you have forgotten your log in details and are unable to retrieve them via the system, do not create a new account, please contact us for assistance.
- You are responsible for any posts originating from your user name account. PriceSpy do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. Participants are urged to seek professional advice for specific, individual situations and not rely solely on advice or opinions given in the discussions.
- This Site is only for your personal use. You may not distribute, exchange, modify, sell or transmit anything you copy from this Site, including, but not limited to, any text, images, audio and video, for any business, commercial or public purpose.
- You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by PriceSpy.
- Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.
- We do not intend to censor messages based on the opinions expressed within posts, but we reserve the right to remove, modify or move posts at our discretion and without explanation.
- By using this service, you agree that you will not use the forum to post (or link to) any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, or otherwise violative of any law.
- Disclosure of someone's personal data, or invasion of privacy, is strictly forbidden. Examples could include, but are not limited to, personal names, private addresses, phone numbers, social security numbers, private email addresses, registration numbers of vehicles, ethnicity, health status, political and religious beliefs, sexual orientation, personal finance, occupation, law violations, criminal convictions or arrests, etc.
- If you spam our members in any manner, your account will be inactivated or banned. Do not contact anyone, to suggest your product or service, who is not explicitly expecting you to contact them.
- Business representatives may not on their own initiative publish information about products and/or services offered by themselves or by their partners. However, it is permissible to answer members’ questions when addressed to a specific business, company or store.
- Cross-posting, which refers to posting new duplicate threads or posts, or the linking to threads or posts they have already started, is not allowed.
- You may not bump threads or user reviews. Bumping can refer to posting useless information, making unnecessary updates that do not add any new essential information, or any other action to deliberately keep a thread or a review hot or to bring it to the top of its forum. Moderators will use their discretion, depending on the nature of the post or review, as to whether to take action or not.
- We reserve the right to change your username or signature at any time, for any reason.
*** Please note that the forum's signature feature is not currently active.
- Any abuse towards our staff and/or management in any form, may result in immediate suspension of your account.
- We take the "Be Polite" rule very seriously! We do not tolerate any rudeness. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive may be banned without warning.
- Public posts debating these rules and/or moderators enforcement of such, will be removed without comment. We encourage feedback however and invite you to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
Rules for User Reviews:
User reviews may only be added by consumers not by companies, nor by individuals with self-interest in the store or the product, or by consumers closely linked to such persons. It may not be used in order to promote your own, or purposely damage someone else’s, business or reputation. Reviews may not contain links, questions, or discussions about other stores or products than the one being reviewed.
Reviews that violate our rules will be hidden. Depending on the circumstances, we may ask for an explanation or an update. If a member does not respond or is unable to provide a reasonable explanation the review will remain hidden.
To reduce the risk that anything other than own experiences and opinions form the basis of a review we do not allow reviews submitted in return for promised compensation (money, equipment, discounts, lottery tickets, etc.) or in return for participation in a prize competition or lottery. A review suspected of having been submitted under such conditions is seen as advertising and will be removed. Since we cannot determine why each individual review is submitted, all reviews submitted or updated during an ongoing campaign, prize competition or lottery, involving reviews on PriceSpy, will be removed.
- Store reviews
Opinions should be specific, based on facts and reflect the consumer's own current experiences concerning customer care, customer support, or be related to the purchase agreement and its terms. Please use our discussion forum for all other matters related to stores, e.g. general opinions or warnings regarding the company's operations, pricing, payment solutions, delivery options, allegations relating to illegal activities or threats, recommendations of other named businesses/stores etc.
When a consumer claims non-delivery or is waiting for refund, reimbursement or actions in an ongoing support case, the review should normally be updated from time to time until resolved or closed. If we consider it necessary, the review may be hidden and remain hidden until updated.
- Product reviews
Opinions should be specific, based on facts and reflect the consumer's own experiences regarding product functionality, performance, quality, content, etc. Please use our discussion forum for all other matters related to products.
Please note:We reserve the right to modify and amend these rules & guidelines at any time without notice. It is your responsibility to remain informed of current rules & guidelines.