About the site and company
- Contact us / Support
- Our independence
- About PriceSpy
- Rules & guidelines
- Expert reviews listed on PriceSpy
- The PriceSpy Hall of Fame
For brand managers
- Get listed on PriceSpy
- Become a featured store!
- What is a price file?
- Think about this before contacting us / Technical info
What to do at PriceSpy?
The internet offers the chance to collect information about site users. This information can be personally identifiable information or aggregated information. However, your privacy is important to us at PriceSpy and we want to be sure that you understand the terms and conditions relating to the way in which we collect information and the use of that information.
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner provides further details of the New Zealand Privacy Act and how it protects personal information in New Zealand.
The information we collect
Pricespy Media Ltd operates the website www.pricespy.co.nz. As part of our operations we may gather certain types of information about the users of our website:
- Personally Identifiable Information.
This is provided by you when you register for an account or services that we may offer. Examples of these services could include newsletters or events. Providing this information will always be optional for you. However, some services may not be available to you if you choose not to provide it.
- Aggregated Data.
This information is generated by our systems as they track traffic through our website. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personally identifiable information that you may have provided.
Who we share this information with
We will not share the information that we collect with any third parties apart from in the following circumstances:
- The aggregated data (not the personally identifiable information) may be shared with third parties such as advertisers or business partners.
- Your personally identifiable information may be shared with third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law.
- Only if your prior permission has been obtained (which we would usually do at the time of collection), we may share the information with specified third parties.
What else we do with personally identifiable information
We have collected this information in order to provide the best possible service to you while you are visiting our website. To this end we may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity if you need help with a forgotten password or you are having login problems with one of our site services.
- To process any transactions that you might make on our site.
- To help provide any other services that you have requested.
- To offer the most relevant information suitable to you and your interests.
- For any marketing or market research that we might undertake.
- For any other purposes for which you have given permission.
A cookie is a small text file that websites you visit may request you save on your computer. The cookie cannot access your hard drive and does not provide us with any personally identifiable information. It does provide details of your IP address, the computer platform that you use (e.g. Mac or Windows), the browser that you use (e.g. Microsoft Explorer or Firefox) and what domain you are accessing our website from. With this information we can do the following:
- Track traffic patterns to our site.
- Ensure that the most relevant content is being shown.
- Allow you to enter certain site member services without having to log in each time you visit.
If you do not want to receive cookies, you can refuse them by turning them off in your browser and/or delete them from your hard drive. You will still be able to visit our website.
What about our advertisers and business partners?
Opting in and opting out
You will always have the option to opt in to certain services and to opt out of those services at any stage. This means you may change your mind at any stage about participating in any of our member services.
Can we change this policy?
Your right to access our information
The Privacy Act of 1993 gives you the right to access and correct your personal information. To do so, please contact us at PriceSpy by email.