DZander
  • DZander
  • Wannabe

• Pip
  • posts 31

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:06 AM

What does this mean?

sp.gif

When do they stop being investigated, and start being removed or allowed?

LinuxUser
  • LinuxUser
  • PriceSpy

• posts 8,808

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:31 AM

Usually it means there is a (potential) problem with the review. The person that posted it is contacted and asked some questions, and depending on the response it should either get reinstated (possibly edited first) or removed completely. At least, that's my impression – I don't deal with that side of the site. I'm guessing that if something has been "under investigation" for a long time it is probably because whoever posted it didn't respond.

Recommended Power Supplies Recommended review sites Why stores shouldn't be removed RAM voltage

i5 7400, Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H, 16 GB DDR4, integrated graphics, 3x Kingston SSDNow KC380 120 GB (RAID0!), Corsair MX100 128 GB, Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD, DVD writer, all inside a wood case I built, Dell U2412M 24", U2311H 23" IPS and Philips 150B4 15" monitors, Dvorak keyboard, openSUSE Tumbleweed, Windows 8.1 Pro in a VB VM inside Linux

I may occasionally give advice regarding (consumer) law, but it is only my opinion based on my reading – I am not a lawyer.

Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:9-10,13

DZander
  • DZander
  • Wannabe

• Pip
  • posts 31

Posted 31 July 2017 - 12:00 PM

Does the score still count?

Or is it an effective means of removing unfavourable reviews from a store?

LinuxUser
  • LinuxUser
  • PriceSpy

• posts 8,808

Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:02 PM

No, the score does not count – as far as I know. Nor should it, because that would be contrary to the purpose of hiding a questionable review.

Removing reviews completely would be more effective, as the only people to question it would be those that posted the removed reviews – unlike this, which everyone can see and ask about as you're doing. It should be temporary, too. So no, I wouldn't call it that.

Is there a particular instance you're thinking of where you think it is being misused? If so, why do you think that?

Recommended Power Supplies Recommended review sites Why stores shouldn't be removed RAM voltage

i5 7400, Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H, 16 GB DDR4, integrated graphics, 3x Kingston SSDNow KC380 120 GB (RAID0!), Corsair MX100 128 GB, Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD, DVD writer, all inside a wood case I built, Dell U2412M 24", U2311H 23" IPS and Philips 150B4 15" monitors, Dvorak keyboard, openSUSE Tumbleweed, Windows 8.1 Pro in a VB VM inside Linux

I may occasionally give advice regarding (consumer) law, but it is only my opinion based on my reading – I am not a lawyer.

DZander
  • DZander
  • Wannabe

• Pip
  • posts 31

Posted 08 August 2017 - 09:38 AM

here are a couple of examples, but they are everywhere:

https://pricespy.co.nz/shop.php?f=8723

https://pricespy.co....hop.php?f=14663

^ apologies in advance if your store is listed here, these are just examples.

Also to be very clear I don't think it is being misused, but i want to understand more about what they mean.  :D

Edited by DZander, 08 August 2017 - 09:42 AM.

LinuxUser
  • LinuxUser
  • PriceSpy

• posts 8,808

Posted 08 August 2017 - 11:12 AM

I don't think I'm out of line to say that with both of those stores most of the reviews under investigation could have been (and probably were) removed on the basis of IP address alone. And in that situation, it usually isn't desirable to be too definite (dynamic IP address assignment is the norm), hence why they're only "under investigation" instead of removed altogether.

I like to understand what such things mean too, so I quite understand where you're coming from.

DZander
  • DZander
  • Wannabe

• Pip
  • posts 31

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:37 PM

As a Mod are you able to find out?

Who should we talk to?

LinuxUser
  • LinuxUser
  • PriceSpy

• posts 8,808

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:11 PM

I can't see anything much because my role as moderator only applies to the forum. I could contact others who would know, but you can too (email support@pricespy.co.nz). I'm guessing they won't say much to you, but really I shouldn't pass on any more than that if I asked (and I don't know how much that is, so I say very little), so it is probably better if you ask.

TomSahz
  • TomSahz
  • Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 2,865

Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:19 AM

Pricespy has a FAQ section with some information. Reviews are probably under investigation because they breach the review guidelines:

Rules for User Reviews:
  • General
    User reviews may only be added by consumers not by companies, nor by individuals with self-interest in the shop or the product, or by consumers closely linked to such persons. It may not be used in order to promote your own, or purposely damage someone else’s, business or reputation. Reviews may not contain links, questions, or discussions about other shops or products than the one being reviewed.

Reviews that violate our rules will be hidden. Depending on the circumstances, we may ask for an explanation or an update. If a member does not respond or is unable to provide a reasonable explanation the review will remain hidden.

To reduce the risk that anything other than own experiences and opinions form the basis of a review we do not allow reviews submitted in return for promised compensation (money, equipment, discounts, lottery tickets, etc.) or in return for participation in a prize competition or lottery. A review suspected of having been submitted under such conditions is seen as advertising and will be removed. Since we cannot determine why each individual review is submitted, all reviews submitted or updated during an ongoing campaign, prize competition or lottery, involving reviews on PriceSpy, will be removed.

• Shop reviews
    Opinions should be specific, based on facts and reflect the consumer's own current experiences concerning customer care, customer support, or be related to the purchase agreement and its terms. Please use our discussion forum for all other matters related to shops, e.g. general opinions or warnings regarding the company's operations, pricing, payment solutions, delivery options, allegations relating to illegal activities or threats, recommendations of other named businesses/shops etc.

When a consumer claims non-delivery or is waiting for refund, reimbursement or actions in an ongoing support case, the review should normally be updated from time to time until resolved or closed. If we consider it necessary, the review may be hidden and remain hidden until updated.

• Product reviews
    Opinions should be specific, based on facts and reflect the consumer's own experiences regarding product functionality, performance, quality, content, etc. Please use our discussion forum for all other matters related to products.

•  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users