Supero - experiences from this store?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

mev9
  • mev9
  • Rookie

• posts 3

Posted 22 November 2016 - 08:18 AM

So, Supero is 'extremely dodgy' (in your words) and is now making a habit of unacceptable behaviour on the forums.

LinuxUser and other mods: You may be 'just' mods on the forum, but is there no-one you can talk to about seeing if Supero and other similar cowboy businesses can be removed from the site entirely?

benhanna
  • benhanna
  • Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • posts 261

Posted 22 November 2016 - 08:35 AM

So, Supero is 'extremely dodgy' (in your words) and is now making a habit of unacceptable behaviour on the forums.

LinuxUser and other mods: You may be 'just' mods on the forum, but is there no-one you can talk to about seeing if Supero and other similar cowboy businesses can be removed from the site entirely?

It's better the store is listed on Pricespy so people can leave a review warning others of a bad experience.

• TomSahz and LinuxUser like this

7700k | 16GB Corsair LPX | Asus ROG Z270i Gaming | 1TB Samsung 960 Pro | EVGA GTX 1080 FE | Fractal Design Define R5 | On the way: DanCase A4-SFXv2

jmelville
  • jmelville
  • Rookie

• posts 1

Posted 22 November 2016 - 09:51 AM

Possibly the reason that Supero won the Pricespy award is that they did provide very good service and contact in the first few months. Unfortunately their followup service with faulty devices has been less than stellar. e.g. I bought an LG G4 from them shortly after they opened and the sale went very well. The phone lasted exactly 13 months, then died with the now well-known bootloop fault, which LG internationally has said they would cover.

Supero told me the phone was out of warranty and that they would contact LG NZ, which they then didn't do. I gave up on them after a couple more goes and asked LG directly, who said that as it was a non-NZ device it would not be covered. I'm now out $750 on what was an otherwise great phone and I've learned my lesson: don't bother with parallel importers as you will be left high and dry if something goes wrong.

• LinuxUser likes this

LinuxUser
  • LinuxUser
  • PriceSpy

• posts 8,839

Posted 22 November 2016 - 10:15 AM

It's better the store is listed on Pricespy so people can leave a review warning others of a bad experience.

Exactly. See the thread listed in my sig for more thoughts on that. Also, while they might not be fantastic, we've got to have a pretty solid case against them before we can act. I don't think things have got that far yet.

Possibly the reason that Supero won the Pricespy award is that they did provide very good service and contact in the first few months. Unfortunately their followup service with faulty devices has been less than stellar. e.g. I bought an LG G4 from them shortly after they opened and the sale went very well. The phone lasted exactly 13 months, then died with the now well-known bootloop fault, which LG internationally has said they would cover.

Supero told me the phone was out of warranty and that they would contact LG NZ, which they then didn't do. I gave up on them after a couple more goes and asked LG directly, who said that as it was a non-NZ device it would not be covered. I'm now out $750 on what was an otherwise great phone and I've learned my lesson: don't bother with parallel importers as you will be left high and dry if something goes wrong.

That's a fairly likely theory as to how they could have won. Another potential (even probable, for reasons I don't feel free to detail) contributing factor is more dodgy behaviour, however I don't think that would have done it alone.

Recommended Power Supplies Recommended review sites Why stores shouldn't be removed RAM voltage

i5 7400, Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H, 16 GB DDR4, integrated graphics, 3x Kingston SSDNow KC380 120 GB (RAID0!), Corsair MX100 128 GB, Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD, DVD writer, all inside a wood case I built, Dell U2412M 24", U2311H 23" IPS and Philips 150B4 15" monitors, wood-bodied mouse, Dvorak keyboard, openSUSE Tumbleweed, Windows 8.1 Pro in a VB VM inside Linux

I may occasionally give advice regarding (consumer) law, but it is only my opinion based on my reading – I am not a lawyer.

Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:9-10,13

arthuritus
  • arthuritus
  • Rookie

• posts 1

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:27 AM

I prepaid for a xiaomi laptop with Supero and as an additional service, they installed an english operating system for me. This service (less than $100) was billed on a post-pay basis, ie I was not expected to have paid before they shipped the product. A few working days later, I had received the laptop along with an aggressive email that quickly escalated to accusations of theft and threats of legal action within just one week. I paid promptly, but I was shocked at how incredibly rude and unreasonable they were.

Fast forward 6 months, and my laptop's trackpad stops working despite efforts to update drivers etc. I have sent multiple emails (they have no phone number) but they are simply ignoring me and refusing to engage in the warranty claim process.

Buy from Supero at your peril. 

Euclidius
  • Euclidius
  • Rookie

• posts 1

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:03 PM

My experience with Supero: I purchased a Oneplus 3T on their website on the 27th of December. It has been stuck at 'Awaiting shipment' for 2 weeks. When I queried them, they responded with '1 to 2 working days' and 6 days later with 'Will inform you today or tomorrow with tracking'. They never did. Three days on, I have sent them a formal request for a reimbursement and cancellation of the order. So far they have not responded. Their phone number does not work, and they seem to only answer once in a blue moon to emails, Contact over their Facebook tells you to talk to them via email and their online 'chat' where they respond 'typically within minutes' still has my message with no response from yesterday. Not very professional. I will update when (IF) I get a response to my email about reimbursement.

*Update* They have responded and updated my order to refunded. This is a good step. While the 2 weeks of no phone is a disappointment, if I can get my money back, I will not feel as hard done by. 

Edited by Euclidius, 12 January 2018 - 05:49 PM.

TomSahz
  • TomSahz
  • Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 2,876

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:31 AM

I prepaid for a xiaomi laptop with Supero and as an additional service, they installed an english operating system for me. This service (less than $100) was billed on a post-pay basis, ie I was not expected to have paid before they shipped the product. A few working days later, I had received the laptop along with an aggressive email that quickly escalated to accusations of theft and threats of legal action within just one week. I paid promptly, but I was shocked at how incredibly rude and unreasonable they were.

Fast forward 6 months, and my laptop's trackpad stops working despite efforts to update drivers etc. I have sent multiple emails (they have no phone number) but they are simply ignoring me and refusing to engage in the warranty claim process.

Buy from Supero at your peril. 

My experience with Supero: I purchased a Oneplus 3T on their website on the 27th of December. It has been stuck at 'Awaiting shipment' for 2 weeks. When I queried them, they responded with '1 to 2 working days' and 6 days later with 'Will inform you today or tomorrow with tracking'. They never did. Three days on, I have sent them a formal request for a reimbursement and cancellation of the order. So far they have not responded. Their phone number does not work, and they seem to only answer once in a blue moon to emails, Contact over their Facebook tells you to talk to them via email and their online 'chat' where they respond 'typically within minutes' still has my message with no response from yesterday. Not very professional. I will update when (IF) I get a response to my email about reimbursement.

*Update* They have responded and updated my order to refunded. This is a good step. While the 2 weeks of no phone is a disappointment, if I can get my money back, I will not feel as hard done by. 

Remember to leave reviews on the store page so other people are aware of your experiences. I would definitely recommend everyone stay well away from Supero. A very bizarre store indeed.

• LinuxUser likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users