10 replies to this topic

jtchal
  • jtchal
  • Addicted

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 1,122

Posted 04 May 2015 - 01:53 PM

Hey guys,

Seeking some advice before I spend money then regret it later.

Heading overseas very shortly and would like a take a camera with.

I'm looking at something in the $400-500 range.

So far, I'm taking a GoPro and my Samsung Galaxy S4 with, meaning I have the features that these two can offer already.

Does anyone have any recommendations? 

Cheers

JT

- Battlelog -
 | Corsair AX650 | InWin 904 | Corsair H100i | And not much else at the moment...

tehkhop
  • tehkhop
  • Veteran

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 1,511

Posted 04 May 2015 - 01:56 PM

Hey guys,
Seeking some advice before I spend money then regret it later.
Heading overseas very shortly and would like a take a camera with.
I'm looking at something in the $400-500 range.
So far, I'm taking a GoPro and my Samsung Galaxy S4 with, meaning I have the features that these two can offer already.
Does anyone have any recommendations? 

Cheers

JT

Rx100. End. Of. Story. I love it so so so so much. Near DSLR quality, I'd recommend it very highly.

The first one costs like $480, mark ii is like $700, but you get better quality, but best of all, you get wifi, and you can control it with your phone, and transfer photos and stuff. So, good.
Computers: Sirius | HP 650 15" Celeron Laptop
Mobile Devices: OnePlus One 64GB | iPad Mini 16GB White | Cheap 10.1" Android Tablet | HP Touchpad
Stuff Ralph54 owes me: 1GB Black USB Stick | SATA 3 cable | IDE/SATA to USB | 8GB Black USB Stick

krishant007
  • krishant007

• PipPip
  • posts 219

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:05 PM

Agreed - I would go with the mark ii personally. I did see it on specials at JR Duty Free (or DFS??) for 599 NZ on my way out of Auckland. Might be worth to give them both a call and check the price there before you leave. 

• tehkhop likes this

tehkhop
  • tehkhop
  • Veteran

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 1,511

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:05 PM

Another thing to consider is it could very well be cheaper where ever it is you're going, though it would be nice to have it all setup before hand.

Mobile Devices: OnePlus One 64GB | iPad Mini 16GB White | Cheap 10.1" Android Tablet | HP Touchpad
Stuff Ralph54 owes me: 1GB Black USB Stick | SATA 3 cable | IDE/SATA to USB | 8GB Black USB Stick

jtchal
  • jtchal
  • Addicted

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 1,122

Posted 04 May 2015 - 06:41 PM

Boy oh boy! I've looked it up seems to be outside the budget by heaps!
Definitely looks like a nice camera though.

The thing is I already have 'cameras', having one that takes nice photos will be a bonus but isn't crucial.

If it does put a massive dent in the budget, I'm not sure if it will be worth it haha.

I might look into getting one overseas. Hong Kong maybe? Or is that not the place you want to get electronics from?

- Battlelog -
 | Corsair AX650 | InWin 904 | Corsair H100i | And not much else at the moment...

Harleh
  • Harleh
  • Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • posts 317

Posted 04 May 2015 - 06:45 PM

It could very well be cheaper where ever it is you're going

I don't think they've heard of cameras where he's going. Think Amish but with a tan.

• Lazer Photos Cameras likes this

| Intel i5 3570K | Asus P8Z77-V Pro | EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Samsung 840 120GB SSD | Crucial 240GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair Hydro Series H60 v2 | Antec High Current Gamer M 620W | Corsair K70 | Steelseries Rival | Astro A40s | Samson Meteor Mic | Samsung 27" SA950 3D | Vivitec Qumi Q2 3D 720p Projector 120 Inch | Ezekiel 23:20 |

tehkhop
  • tehkhop
  • Veteran

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 1,511

Posted 04 May 2015 - 06:57 PM

Boy oh boy! I've looked it up seems to be outside the budget by heaps!
Definitely looks like a nice camera though.

The thing is I already have 'cameras', having one that takes nice photos will be a bonus but isn't crucial.

If it does put a massive dent in the budget, I'm not sure if it will be worth it haha.

I might look into getting one overseas. Hong Kong maybe? Or is that not the place you want to get electronics from?

Hong kong is basically the price here subtract $50 I believe, and al fine except for possible warranty diffucult. And the rx100 is within your budget: https://pricespy.co....t.php?p=1302505

tehkhop
  • tehkhop
  • Veteran

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 1,511

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:07 PM

I don't think they've heard of cameras where he's going. Think Amish but with a tan.

No technology and sunny? Must be Australia!

• LinuxUser likes this

andytheape
  • andytheape

• PipPip
  • posts 142

Posted 06 May 2015 - 04:04 AM

Seems a lot of money to spend on a point and shoot camera (which is what I assume you want when you say you already have 'cameras'),

Im a fan of the XP-series by Fujifilm, small, waterproof/shockproof, has optical zoom but you can knock it around and take it to places like beaches without needing to worry too much about getting it wet or sand messing it up.

I got the XP70 recently and found it to be a good option when i dont want my Nikon DSLR bouncing off my chest if im doing more than a slow walk. Although might be better choice for your particular needs. In NZ its $250NZD new but I got for $100USD for refurbished from amazon, don't know how long you have to get or if you can get where you going.

I bought an early version of this camera Z33WP and after 10k pictures, concerts, underwater, dropping and playing catch with its still going strong never replaced the battery either :D

tehkhop
  • tehkhop
  • Veteran

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 1,511

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:40 AM

Which videos on the rx100. It's no ordinary point and shoot camera.

ireshine
  • ireshine

• PipPip
  • posts 103

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:55 PM

It depends on what you want to take photos/videos of. Since you got a GoPro and Cellphone camera, I would guess a Tough camera.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users