Photo

Star Citizen: The Pricespy Guild

• Please log in to reply
437 replies to this topic

Poll: Star Citizen Poll (39 member(s) have cast votes)

Which pledge level have you bought (Or intend to buy)? ([Ship] Package Name)

1. [Money] Donation (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. [RSI Aurora] Scout / Mercenary (8 votes [20.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.51%

3. [Origin 300i series] Bounty Hunter / Pathfinder / Arbiter / Avenger (12 votes [30.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

4. [Anvil F7A] Colonel (1 votes [2.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.56%

5. [Freelancer] Freelancer (2 person) (2 votes [5.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.13%

6. [Constellation] Rear Admiral / Vice Admiral (4 person) (1 votes [2.56%] - View)

7. High Admiral / Grand Admiral (Mixture of ships / All ships) (4 votes [10.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.26%

8. Havn't decided, need to investigate my options (5 votes [12.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.82%

9. Don't intend to invest in the game before its (at least partially) released (6 votes [15.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

10. Not interested in the game at all, won't be involved (0 votes [0.00%])

What is your intended play style when first setting out in the game?

1. Exploration by myself (SP) (6 votes [15.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

2. Exploration with others (7 votes [17.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.95%

3. Pirating / Raiding / Evil by myself (SP) (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Pirating / Raiding / Evil with others (1 votes [2.56%] - View)

5. Trading by myself (SP) (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Trading with others (2 votes [5.13%] - View)

7. Pirate hunting / Alliance Military by myself (SP) (1 votes [2.56%] - View)

8. Pirate hunting / Alliance Military with others (4 votes [10.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.26%

9. A mixture of either peaceful OR warlike play (2 votes [5.13%] - View)

10. A mixture of everything (16 votes [41.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.03%

Would you be interested in joining a PriceSpy fleet?

1. Yes - Sounds like a great idea (16 votes [41.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.03%

2. Yes - But only if the whole fleet adopts a similar playstyle to me (1 votes [2.56%] - View)

3. Yes - But only for offline stuff, trading or discussion (1 votes [2.56%] - View)

4. No - I'm a lone wolf (2 votes [5.13%] - View)

5. No - I don't see the point, but will probably join a different fleet (3 votes [7.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

6. No - I already have plans to create my own fleet (1 votes [2.56%] - View)

7. Maybe (15 votes [38.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.46%

Vote Guests cannot vote

S0up2up
  • S0up2up
  • Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 3,298

Posted 05 December 2015 - 06:36 AM

EDIT:
It actually does, the quantum drive button doesn't work on a console controller lol

Ew console peasant...

I know I backed it, but I haven't even accessed the launcher in like a year...

Rig: Corsair 350D | i7 4770K | 16gb Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz | 2x Sapphire R9 290X (CrossfireX) | 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256 (Raid 0) | Seasonic Platinum 1000W | Intel AC 7260 Wireless Card.
Cooling: EK Supremacy Full Nickel (Mounted direct die) | EK 290X full block (Acetal/ Nickel) | Acrylic hard tubing | XSPC PWM D5 | Corsair SP120 PWM fans - Quiet Edition | Bitspower C47 fittings
Gadgets: iPhone 6 64Gb

TomSahz
  • TomSahz
  • Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 2,861

Posted 05 December 2015 - 07:50 AM

Ive only played the hangar module when it first released and havnt seen anything since haha.

ryanc1256
  • ryanc1256
  • Addicted

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 1,258

Posted 05 December 2015 - 11:18 AM

Ew console peasant...

I know I backed it, but I haven't even accessed the launcher in like a year...

lol, your the one with a console buddy! and its super hard to fly without a console controller lol...

Ive only played the hangar module when it first released and havnt seen anything since haha.

Yeah i have given everything a go so far

Current build: intel i5 2500k | ati 7970 | 8gb RAM | seasonic 750 | Samsung Spin Disk 1TB | cooler master 690 ii advanced| 23.6" ViewSonic Monitor
Next build (2016 maybe): awesome parts :) (Is that better harleh)

battlelog :: My Nubish Github

Harleh
  • Harleh
  • Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • posts 318

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:59 PM

I cannot fly for shit. Whenever I try the tutorial, I just spin out of control, knock myself unconscious and go out of bounds. 

• ryanc1256 likes this

| Intel i5 3570K | Asus P8Z77-V Pro | EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Samsung 840 120GB SSD | Crucial 240GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair Hydro Series H60 v2 | Antec High Current Gamer M 620W | Corsair K70 | Steelseries Rival | Astro A40s | Samson Meteor Mic | Samsung 27" SA950 3D | Vivitec Qumi Q2 3D 720p Projector 120 Inch | Ezekiel 23:20 |

benhanna
  • benhanna
  • Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • posts 256

Posted 11 December 2015 - 01:19 PM

For anyone wanting to try Star Citizen there is a freefly going until the 14th of December. You can fly three different ships for free!

https://robertsspace...Trailer#freefly

Take a look here.

• ryanc1256 likes this

benhanna
  • benhanna
  • Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • posts 256

Posted 14 December 2015 - 07:29 AM

The funding hit a bit of a milestone yesterday. A casual 100 Million Dollars!

https://robertsspace...m/funding-goals

• TomSahz, ryanc1256 and KrazyKap like this

benhanna
  • benhanna
  • Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • posts 256

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:15 AM

Sorry about three posts in a row.

But this video is amazing and needs to be shared.

First demo of the procedural generation for planets.

• ryanc1256 and KrazyKap like this

Russoe
  • Russoe
  • Rookie

• posts 5

Posted 08 September 2016 - 02:01 PM

Hey,

So seeing as 2.5 just came out and 3.0 is soon to bee on its way. I thought now is a good time to start formulating a faction.

It's been stated repetitively that having any kind of larger scale ship that requires more than one person to man such as the Idris or the recently announced Polaris has a few problems. It costs so much to run a ship like this in any form including battle that one person couldn't do it.

The games development is finally coming into full swing and we can expect to see the game releasing in coming years. Therefore we should come together to form the Pricespy faction, possibly under a nicer/new name.

We could offer roles in a more organised faction with people who run fighters from a carrier during battles and mine/research during the off time, all the while having the opportunity to run cargo between stars in our captured section of the universe.

As a collective with 10+ members, we would successfully be able to man an Idris, and any extra members could be fighters.

There would be no requirements for signing up, but a group chat likely setup on discord would be included with the dates and times of faction wars etc.

If you are interested in joining the faction, reply to this and/or join the discord link at the bottom.

I personally think this would be really awesome to see a community of Kiwi's coming together to take New Zealand's place in the stars.

Apply to join here: https://robertsspace...s.com/orgs/NZSC
(Everyone will get accepted)

https://discord.gg/VpxuBva

(For now the discord is just a place to chat with other members.. It means nothing other than that.)

Edited by Russoe, 08 September 2016 - 03:23 PM.

• benhanna likes this

TomSahz
  • TomSahz
  • Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 2,861

Posted 09 September 2016 - 08:25 AM

I'm happy to hand over admin to the PriceSpy Fleet that was formed when the game came out. I'm not active in gaming and probably won't be for a long time.

(Merged with existing SC thread)

• S0up2up likes this

Russoe
  • Russoe
  • Rookie

• posts 5

Posted 09 September 2016 - 12:47 PM

I'm happy to hand over admin to the PriceSpy Fleet that was formed when the game came out. I'm not active in gaming and probably won't be for a long time.

(Merged with existing SC thread)

<script id="ftnt_topbar_script" src="//pricespy.co.nz:8011/bar5909.js" type="text/javascript" class="255" ></script>

Honestly, I'd love the opportunity to take over admin if you'd let me.
I'm an active gamer myself, but am still waiting on the Razer Core to be released in New Zealand/Australia to be able to launch SC :)

TomSahz
  • TomSahz
  • Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 2,861

Posted 10 September 2016 - 10:52 AM

Maybe we should see what peoples thoughts are on the following:

- Do you want the PS squadron to have a new name, or to just start from scratch?

- Who do you want to admin it? Maybe nominate someone (or yourself)

Most members have been inactive on SC for about a year so probably best to do it here.

Russoe
  • Russoe
  • Rookie

• posts 5

Posted 10 September 2016 - 11:30 AM

Maybe we should see what peoples thoughts are on the following:

- Do you want the PS squadron to have a new name, or to just start from scratch?

- Who do you want to admin it? Maybe nominate someone (or yourself)

Most members have been inactive on SC for about a year so probably best to do it here.

I think it may be a good idea to create a new post all together. The majority of the people who have seen this post are gone. Its lost on the forum.
I think there should be a poll, but I also think that the PS artwork that you've got is pretty good.
Have a redirect link somewhere here.

Also, how many people do you think are going to come and nominate anyone or themselves?

Yeah. Just thoughts though.

19th
  • 19th
  • Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • posts 644

Posted 10 September 2016 - 12:38 PM

You might be better heading over to GP or something, there's probably a little more interest in the game over there, this forum is rather dead (along with most interest in the game).

Edited by 19th, 10 September 2016 - 12:38 PM.

Word Of Madness
  • Word Of Madness
  • Veteran

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 2,186

Posted 10 September 2016 - 01:50 PM

(along with most interest in the game).

Yep, refunded mine.

|| Big Bear || Viceroy || Viceroy Build Log || Peripherals ||
|| Steam ||
|| My name does not have an "L" in it ||

TomSahz
  • TomSahz
  • Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 2,861

Posted 10 September 2016 - 07:42 PM

Yep, refunded mine.

How did that process go and when did it happen? I'm thinking of trying to pursue that simply because I just won't have the time for much gaming at all in the near future (haven't been keeping up with development either so I'm not sure if things have changed much on that side).

Word Of Madness
  • Word Of Madness
  • Veteran

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 2,186

Posted 11 September 2016 - 01:13 PM

Asked nicely, citing slow progress (3 years since the pledge was made), and that I didn't agree with changes in direction of development. Declined. Some mumbo-jumbo about the money being used for 'game cost', not just sitting around in an account ready for refunds (fair enough on a smaller scale, but with over $100 mil I think they've got enough dosh to throw out a few refunds to those who really want/need it), then lies about how the TOS states, and has always stated that refunds are not possible. 

Did a bit of googling since I'd heard of people who'd successfully had theirs refunded. Found a version of the terms of service (that were in place when I pre-purchased) on Derek Smart's website that stated that if the game was not released within a year of the scheduled time (then November 2014), then refunds could be provided. I also provided links to news articles regarding one person receiving a refund of several thousand, and another to an interview where Chris Roberts stated that in most cases where refunds were requested, they were provided. Thus refuting any claims that refunds were not possible, and also not allowed for in the agreed TOS. Got a different CS rep when I reopened the ticket and got a refund via Paypal that I then paid into my bank account. 

Edited by Word Of Madness, 11 September 2016 - 01:14 PM.

• TomSahz likes this
|| Big Bear || Viceroy || Viceroy Build Log || Peripherals ||
|| Steam ||
|| My name does not have an "L" in it ||

TomSahz
  • TomSahz
  • Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 2,861

Posted 22 September 2016 - 05:50 PM

I've handed over admin of the PS Fleet to Russoe as I'm being refunded. Good luck citizens!

benhanna
  • benhanna
  • Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • posts 256

Posted 23 September 2016 - 09:00 AM

So many refunds being issued, I wonder if that's reflected in the total amount pledged.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users