Alpha City a reliable store?

39 replies to this topic

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:29 AM

im planning to buy my whole components there. everything was cheaper than in any stores?

Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:53 AM

I've had good experience using them. Make sure you send them an email first to establish contact/confirm availability of components. You'll want to know that at least someone has seen your specific order and have a person of reference to go to for queries.
Core I7 920 3.2GHz | Bloodrage GTI x58 | 6GB DDR3 | 3TB/2GB/1GB Seagate Barracuda | XFX HD6850 Dual-fan Edition SLI | Cooler Master V8 | Sony HTM7 Muteki 7.2 HT
Lenovo IdeaPad Y500 | Core I5 3230M 2.6GHz | 6GB DDR3 | Dual GT650M SLI | JBL Speakers

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:09 PM

I would agree with that. I bought a couple of things from them. Good communication, fast service.

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:35 AM

i am thinking to build a new pc and going to buy all the stuff there too
all add up to $1700 and i hope it will be a smooth business ~.^

Posted 12 August 2010 - 06:51 PM

sorry to bump an old thread, I'm about to drop around $800 with these guys on a few things, anyone else had positive experiences with them? Might not be much to some people, single working dad though and took me bluddy ages to save haha.

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:10 PM

i have recently bought $1300 worth of stuff off them and they are incredibly good, best online shopping experience i have ever had. i ordered something that was out of stock and got an email within 5 minutes from one of the guys there suggesting another item instead ( at 7pm ), and everything arrived within 3 days.

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:55 PM

Miiiiiint, cheers Dan

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:39 AM

Ordered coolmaster PSU turned out to be out of stock so changed to a corsair PSU which arrived with the change the following morning. I phoned them twice and they were very helpful and polite, an excellent transaction all round.
Pete

Edited by Papa Pete, 24 September 2010 - 08:40 AM.

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:02 PM

I just spent over $1k at alphacity on i5, mobo, ram and vidcard. All went smoothly, they even rang me at one stage :0 to sort a detail out.

Neat store, soooo much merchandise to choose from.

Thumbs up

Posted 24 September 2010 - 04:19 PM

well seeing as everyone else is jumpin on teh bandwagon, i picked up my mobo and psu from these guys, cheapest prices on the net for damn near anything, email replies for stock check received within half hour of being sent, awesome packaging. Looks like Alpha have managed to break the mold, 2 thumbs up.

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:20 PM

Spent $1300-1400 with them, you can't go wrong.

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:58 PM

+1

Had 4 orders over $1000 with them over the last year and a half (back when they started as tigerdirect aswell) and have had no problems with initial goods. Only slight glitch was a RMA on some ram which took 3 weeks from sending back to them to receiving the new RAM.

Posted 27 September 2010 - 02:49 AM

1 month ago spent $2200 roughly there and got all bar one thing from them which i got from playtech. Cheap prices, quick email replies and quick to get items in that you want. Good to get tracking number to keep an eye on status etc but items arrived next day. A++ from me

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:15 PM

Excellent store, often the best price, outstanding service and support! In the two purchases I've made with these guys, they've gone out of their way to ensure I got what I wanted...even so far as suggesting genuine improvements which were cheaper and made for a better deal overall. Again, outstanding! Even if they're not the cheapest on the day, I'd choose them because of the reliability and trust factor.

Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:32 PM

I just wanted to say that Roy & the team @ Alphacity have been brilliant regarding sorting my order from start to finish. Exceptional service .. When one phones them they are always polite,courteous and professional .. When one emails Alphacity one usually receives a reply within 10 minutes. Great Service - no probs whatsoever.

Now .. lets talk about NZ Couriers. They really F****d things up. I live Rurally .. so I ticked the appropriate "Short Haul Rural overnight delivery box" & completed my order. Roy gave me the obligatory tracking number and all was good .. well! so I thought. I waited most of the day for the package to be delivered .. It was getting to be around 4:30pm .. kind of end of the day for most businesses .. So I phone NZ Couriers to find out where my item was and why it hadn't been delivered .. I was told that they don't deliver rurally on Fridays .. or Saturdays ..or Mondays or Wednesdays .. only Tuesdays and Thursdays .. and I was going WTF!! I paid for a rural delivery that didn't get delivered. So I had to travel into the city to pick the item up .. "Ok so I say "I want the rural delivery charge that I paid reimbursed please" and they say .. "sorry but we can't do that .. You'll have to get Alphacity to reimburse you the money" and I'm thinking "Riiiiggghhht!! .. What we have here is a clear "Breach of Contract" and if this is happening on a frequent basis ..ie.. people "ticking the rural delivery box" in their initial order .. and then discovering that in fact it is not getting delivered and said monies paid are not being reimbursed .. it is in fact Fraud!.

I am writing to Consumer Magazine and Fair Go about this deplorable situation. I'll keep you posted.

Edited by cumulonimbus, 15 October 2010 - 07:21 PM.

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:22 AM

View Postcumulonimbus, on Oct 15 2010, 20:32, said:

I am writing to Consumer Magazine and Fair Go about this deplorable situation. I'll keep you posted.

Good idea, it really annoys me when you deal with a great retailer only to have the entire process screwed up by a courier company that fails to 'deliver'.

First of all there is a good guide Here on the Ministry of Consumers Affairs website that outlines how to complain effectively and what to do. And also you can submit a complaint Here on the Commerce Commission website.

Good idea going to FairGo and the Consumer Magazine. How about the tv show 'Target' aswell?

Good luck with the whole process!

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:32 PM

I've just bought my entire kit from Alpha City and they were excellant. Great service and PC was shipped on the same day purchase cleared. Great to deal with and I highly reccommend (fantastic prices too) Cheers

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:23 AM

Just bought a $1200 complete system from them, build and OS install. All done from start to finish in 3 days. Awesome quick email replies. Everything works, great price, great service. None of this part swapping or up-selling that I have had in the past from companies such as OC Zone (DO NOT USE THEM).

2 thumbs up to Alphacity

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:22 AM

i got all my stuff from thm they were very good they keep in touch letting u know whats happing, and my items arived the next day very recomended.

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:09 PM

I highly recomended ALPHA CITY for their fast reply in email, good & friendly conversation with Mr. Ken in phone & fast delivery, no worries. I ask something that not related to their selling item but they response immediately. Hoping for more & good relationship with this online store. God Bless!

Thanks! Sese!Tosha!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:51 PM

Im always suspicious of people who say good things about a company on here but then only have one post, and are only active on the day they create there account... This is a really old thread (with 4 replies in the last year, 2 suspicious ones), but im looking at buying a couple things off Alpha City so hopefully they still reliable
FSP Aurum Pro 850W || ASUS P8Z77-V Pro || I5 3750k OC 4.4GHz || Noctua NH-C14 || 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz (4x4GB) || Gigabyte R9 290 OC 4GB Windforce (GV-R929OC-4GD) || Intel 330 180GB || NZXT Sentry Mesh 2 Fan Controller || QNIX QX2710 || to be continued...

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:37 PM

View Postthesadude, on 27 January 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:

Im always suspicious of people who say good things about a company on here but then only have one post, and are only active on the day they create there account... This is a really old thread (with 4 replies in the last year, 2 suspicious ones), but im looking at buying a couple things off Alpha City so hopefully they still reliable

They are definately reliable in terms of service and postage etc. I have bought a couple of items from them and they have been great. However i have never had anything broken or doa from them so I don't know what their rma service is like.
Recommended Power Supplies
Phenom II X4 @ 4GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | 8GB 1333MHz | Powercolor 7850 | Corsair HX650 | Samsung 830 64GB | 1TB HDD | Fractal Design Define R3 | Prolimatech Genesis ||||| i7 920 @ 3.4GHz | P6TSE | 6GB 1333MHz | MSI 6950 | Corsair HX750 | 2x 1TB HDD | Cooler Master HAF 932 | Prolimatech Megahalems

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:31 AM

View Postthesadude, on 27 January 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:

I wouldn't worry when it is about a store that is known OK – only when they are known bad.
Recommended Power Supplies Recommended review sites Why stores shouldn't be removed RAM voltage

i5 4670K (stock for now), Asus Z87-C, 12 GB DDR3, integrated graphics, 3x Kingston SSDNow KC380 120 GB (RAID0!), Spinpoint F3 1TB and 250 GB WD HDDs, DVD writer, all inside a wood case I built, Dell U2412M 24", U2311H 23" IPS and Philips 150B4 15" monitors, Dvorak keyboard, custom openSUSE 13.1, Windows Vista Ultimate in a VB VM inside Linux

Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:9-10,13

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:41 AM

I can say that the experience i had with them quite a while ago was good, probably in my top5 stores.

Edited by TomSahz, 29 January 2012 - 10:41 AM.

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:52 AM

Great store, definatly recommend them.

I had to return some ram that came DOA, only I didn't know it was dead until a month and a half later because I didn't assemble it right away.
I emailed AlphaCity, and they said send it back and they sorted it all out. (Normally there's only a 14 day DOA policy)

Nick

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

The one thing I can suggest is to ask them to match other store prices. I asked them and they matched the stores with the lowest price, even though the stores had no stock. Saved about $75 just for emailing them

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:21 AM

Ya they're all good. Their emails and contact is kinda iffy but who cares, you'll get your stuff.

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:09 AM

View PostJoshHunter, on 31 March 2012 - 08:21 AM, said:

Ya they're all good. Their emails and contact is kinda iffy but who cares, you'll get your stuff.
Yes, but when the contact is iffy, the quality of the store when it comes to RMAs and returns must be called into question – please note though that I'm not questioning Alpha City, as I already know they are reasonably good.
Recommended Power Supplies Recommended review sites Why stores shouldn't be removed RAM voltage

i5 4670K (stock for now), Asus Z87-C, 12 GB DDR3, integrated graphics, 3x Kingston SSDNow KC380 120 GB (RAID0!), Spinpoint F3 1TB and 250 GB WD HDDs, DVD writer, all inside a wood case I built, Dell U2412M 24", U2311H 23" IPS and Philips 150B4 15" monitors, Dvorak keyboard, custom openSUSE 13.1, Windows Vista Ultimate in a VB VM inside Linux

Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:9-10,13

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:07 PM

Not only reliable but very efficient and excellent communicators.
Item I purchased by internet banking (easy) arrived to a rural address in Auckland the day after the money was cleared .

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:01 PM

I've used them in the past, great communication and service.. the only thing that stops me using them more often is the fact they don't accept online credit card payments.. I can't be bothered with internet banking to pay for online shopping.. so they loose out on the odd sale here and there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users